Insights for Small Security Teams to Work in Post-Covid Era
The Covid era witnessed tremendous changes in all domains. Even though the list is huge, one major change would be work culture. Security professionals might never dream about the possibility of massive WFH in provide era due to the heavy risk factors.
The pandemic situation left us no option but to chose work from home. Throughout the globe, the work environment has changed drastically within the few weeks of the outspread of COVID-19.
The full-fledged companies with empty chairs came into the picture. In effect, employees could work from the comfort of their homes, and this habit might continue even after the Covid. Grateful for the digital transformation, which is a revolutionary idea that helped all businesses.
Thus the companies and the employees need to adapt to the new arising hybrid situation.
Thus the eBook named "5 Security Lessons for Small Security Teams for a Post-COVID19 Era" came up with the solution and acted as a perfect guide for small security teams by providing useful recommendations & practical notes.
The following are the five security lessons extracted from current business, IT, and threat landscape trends:
- You can't do it all. In summary, they promote the idea of asking your security vendor for their customer success and offered services. It is important to consider that the vendor itself provides a range of free services and offerings. But most of the customers fail to notice this.
- Response speed is the name of the game. Performance depends on how fast you respond to a ticket. The guide will take you through detailed steps of removing overheads and reducing analyst work inefficiencies.
- More corporate devices to be issued to employees. This is a most important point since the teamwork from their home. This discusses the best management practices and safe procurement of the devices.
- Supply chain attacks are on the rise. Your supplier's security is directly linked with your security. Using this guide, one could understand the threats in their environment and address them in a mean way.
- Economies have changed. Considering the situation of an escalated growth of ransomware, several ways – from training to technologies - to protect your business best is to be chosen.
This all sums up that security teams work in a hectic environment. They have the burden of the daily tasks and operational demands while maintaining the smooth running of the business.
However, they have a limited budget and human resources. This has to be addressed. In each step, this guide considers these constraints.